Hastings Boys’ High School are requiring all students to bring an appropriate device to school to help with learning in the classroom and at home.
We encourage you to buy a product that includes the features listed below to ensure your son has the greatest possible access to the educational resources that will support and enhance his learning. You might wish to take the list below into the store and ask the salesperson if the device you are considering meets these specifications.
Hastings Boys' High School can also assist you by arranging purchase through a deposit and automatic payments. This can be discussed with the School’s Bursar.
Recommended Specifications for Student Devices:
- Wireless networking capability using 802.11n or 802.11 ac compliant.
- A colour screen 10”+ preferably.
- An on screen or external keyboard or other means of entering text.
- An audio out-port and ear buds or headphones.
- A minimum of 8 hours of use from one battery charge.
- The ability to run a full functioning, current web browser (e.g. Chrome, Edge).
- Virus protection programme (for computers running a Windows or Mac operating system).
- Cell phones are not appropriate mobile devices.
Please be aware that:
Access to the Google suite of products and Microsoft 365 can be arranged through the school.
Microsoft 365 can be downloaded at no cost to a Windows device.