About Sport at Hastings Boys'
Values and Aims
The essential ingredient at Hastings Boys' High School is that we look to set clear strategic, measurable targets & goals to extend students to achieve excellence in their sporting, academic and personal lives.
Key values and aims for student athletes are:
- To develop students self esteem, self motivation & self discipline
- To maintain a pre-agreed, contractual high level of academic performance
- To provide individuals with additional life skills that they may take up their roles in society as active, healthy & knowledgeable citizens
- To develop athletes' fundamental technical skills in their chosen sport to an elite level so they can succeed anywhere in the world at all levels
- To identify & promote each athlete's potential so he might learn & strive for excellence in all areas of life
We think that these habits are invaluable.
These values remain with students beyond the school sports field.They are critical in producing the cultured, energetic and responsible young men our community & our country requires.
Ethos and Objectives
Sport is an integral part of the educational experience at Hastings Boys'. Excellence at the top end is underpinned by an embedded ethos of participation. Boys of all ability are encouraged to play meaningful and competitive sport, at either House, School or representative level.
Some of the core values and benefits of sport in education and the development of boys' as a whole person are:
- Working with others in a team towards an external, collective objective.
- The challenge of competition and of mastering physical skills.
- The self-evident benefits of physical exercise.
- The concept of fair play, and the ability to cope with both success and failure.
Read more information about the sports fees here.